The establishment of HolyCrossHigh School in Phillips, Bukidnon was the result of the ambitious missionary zeal of Father Rodolfo Cabonce, S.J. and a company's desire to educate its people. With the assistance offered by the Philippine Packing Corporation in terms of site and edifice, HCHS came into existence in June 1950. Initially, there were fifty-four first year students and twenty-three second year students taught by three pioneering teachers. Fathers Cabonce, Rafael Ocampo, and Luis Meciano, all Jesuit priests, became members of the first Board of Trustees.
During the succeeding twenty-seven years of existence, HCHS saw several changes in its administration and physical structure.
In 1960, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Newark, New Jersey took over the administration of the school.
In 1973, the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Buffalo, New York were tasked to run the institution. It was during their term that the Guidance Program was introduced and the parents organized the Parents Auxiliary Council (PAC), which was later renamed PTA or Parents Teacher Association.
HCHS then began to take a new shape. More classrooms were constructed to accommodate a growing number of students.
In 1975 up to the present, the responsibility of running the school was relegated to the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Cork, Ireland.
Come Let Us Fight For The Blue For The White For The Gold Of Our Holy Cross